How to navigate the ESHG 2020.2 virtual conference
1. Access to the virtual platform
You can access the virtual platform from your PC, laptop, tablet or mobile device with internet using the following link: https://virtualcongress.ctimeetingtech.com/eshg2020/attendee/
To have access to the platform, you will need to register here.
The costs of participating in the virtual conference is a flat fee of EUR 100.-.
2. Virtual Platform
The virtual platform is the “venue” of the conference. The ESHG has aimed at incorporating similar aspect of the physical conference to the virtual environment. Therefore, you will have access to the best presentations in the area of human genetics in a live format or pre-recorded. At the same time you will be able to chat with speakers and with interactive e-Poster presenters. You can drop by the company corner and have a chat with the company of your interest or listen to their corporate satellite. In addition, you can access job opportunities advertised electronically in the ESHG website.
All of this from the comfort of your living room!
3. ESHG 2020.2 Programm
To make the best out of the possibilities of a virtual environment, the ESHG has separated its programme into 2 types of sessions:
These are sessions that will take place at a given day and time. During these sessions you can listen to the pre-recorded presentations and afterwards participate in a real time Question & Answer with the speakers. You will be able to drop your question through a chat available in the live session room. All live sessions will be recorded and turned into an on-demand session that will be available until June 23, 2020. Make sure to address your questions to the Moderator of the session, not the speaker.
Please note that all times mentioned on our website and the virtual platform are in Central European Summer Time (CEST), that is UTC+2.
To see what time this is in your time zone, click here https://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/
On-demand sessions are available from June 6, 2020 at 9:00 am CEST until June 23, 2020 at 24:00 CEST. Interaction with presenters is possible via a messaging system incorporated in the virtual platform. For the on-demand Educational Sessions, attendees will have the opportunity to interact with speakers (as available) during dedicated slots in the programme (“Meet the Educational Session speakers”) on Monday, June 8 and Tuesday, June 9, by accessing the live chat in the respective presentation. The schedule of these are as follows:
- Monday, June 8 at 14:45 – 15:15 hrs CEST for speakers of sessions E02 – E09
- Tuesday, June 9 at 14:15 – 14:45 hrs CEST for speakers of sessions E10 – E16
During the conference 2 categories of e-Posters will be available:
These posters will be available as of June 6 at 9:00 am CEST until June 23, 2020 at 24:00 CEST. You will be able to click through the different slides uploaded by the presenter and in many cases listen to the audio description found within the e-Poster. The reason why these posters are labelled “interactive” is because participants will have the opportunity to interact through a live chat with the presenters of these e-Posters in the following schedule:
- e-Poster Group A: 13.00-13.45 hrs CEST on Sunday, June 7 for posters with numbers ending with “A” (e.g. P01.01.A)
- e-Poster Group B: 13.00-13.45 hrs CEST on Monday, June 8 for posters with numbers ending with “B” (e.g. P01.02.B)
- e-Poster Group C: 11.45-12.30 hrs CEST on Tuesday, June 9 for posters with numbers ending with “C” (e.g. P01.03.C)
In order to interact with the presenter of the e-Poster you will need to access the page of the e-Poster of your choice in the virtual platform during the time specified above. Once you are within the page you will be able to find a chat in which the poster presenter will answer your questions.
These posters will be available as of June 6, 2020 at 9:00 am CEST until June 23, 2020 at 24:00 CEST. You will be able to click through the different slides uploaded by the presenter and in many cases listen to the commentary audio found within the e-Poster. Interaction with presenters is possible via a messaging system incorporated in the virtual platform.
Keep in mind that all time showned refer to Central European Summer Time (CEST – UTC+2). You can click here to translate the times into your time zone.
4. Tailor your own programme
Within the virtual platform you have the opportunity to bookmark the sessions and/or presentations that interest you the most. This way you will be able to keep track of the presentations and not schedule 2 of them at the same time. However, since all sessions will be available as on-demand sessions until June 23, 2020 at 24:00 CEST, you will have the opportunity to decide on your own time to listen to all your favorite talk at the ESHG 2020.2.
In addition, you can download the ESHG 2020.2 Mobile App in which you will be able to create your own calendar and have a direct access to the virtual platform from your mobile divices.
Don’t worry just because we do not see each other does not mean we cannot interact! You will have many different opportunties to interaction with the speakers and other colleagues:
- Live sessions: During live session you can ask questions to the speakers through the chat located next to the live stream. Moderators will be monitoring all the questions coming live through the chat and will address some of them to the respective speakers.
- On-demand sessions: Do you have a questions for the presenter? Within every presentation you will be able to send comments/email to the presenters directly. In here you can leave your name and email with a message. The presenter will receive this information and contact you at their own discretion.
- Meet the speakers of the Educational Sessions: On Monday June 8 at 14:45 – 15:15 hrs CEST you will have the opportunity to chat with the presenters of sessions E02-E09 and Tuesday June 9 at 14:15 – 14:45 hrs CEST with the presenters of sessions E10-E16. To participate in this chat you will need to go to the presentation of the speaker within the virtual platform. In here you will have the chat box where you can directly exchange communication with the speaker.
6. ESHG 2020.2 Mobile APP
In the ESHG Mobile App you will be able to:
- Browse the programme by day or session type
- Read the conference abstracts
- Access the ESHG 2020.2 virtual platform directly from the mobile app
- Take notes and print or email them to you or your colleagues
- Add talks and sessions to your personal itinerary
- Browse sponsors by name or find them through the product index
- Browse the venue floor plan for directions
- Get information on how to navigate the virtual conference
- Learn about Faculty, Award Lecturers and Young Investigator Award Candidates
- Engage in the event feed
- Have useful information always available.