How to navigate the ESHG 2020.2 virtual conference
1. Access to the virtual platform
You can access the virtual platfrom from your laptop, tablet or mobile device with internet using the following link: https://cslide.ctimeetingtech.com/eshg2020/attendee
To have access to the platform you will need to register here. The costs of participating in the virtual conference is a flat fee of EUR 100.-.
2. Virtual Platform
The virtual platform is the “venue” of the conference. The ESHG has aimed at incorporating similar aspect of the physical conference to the virtual environment. Therefore, you will have access to the best presentations in the area of human genetics and at the same time chat with speakers and with e-Poster presenters. You can drop by a company profile and have a chat with the company of your interest or listen to corporate satellite. In addition, you can access job opportunities advertised electronically in the ESHG website.
All of this from the comfort of your living room!
3. ESHG 2020.2 Programm
To make the best out of the possibilities in a virtual environment, the ESHG has separated its programme into 2 types of sessions:
These are sessions that will take place at a given day and time. During these sessions you can listen to the pre-recorded presentations and afterwards participate in a real time Question & Answer with the speakers. You will be able to drop your question through a chat available in the live session room. All live sessions will be recorded and turned into an on-demand session that will be available until June 23, 2020.
These are pre-recorded session that will be available to watch at your dicretion from the start of the conference until June 23, 2020.
During the conference 2 categories of e-Posters will be available:
1. Interactive e-Posters: These posters will be available as of June 6 at 9:00 am CEST until June 23, 2020. You will be able to click through the different slides uploaded by the presenter and in many cases listen to the presentation found within the e-Poster. The reason why these posters are labelled “interactive” is becasue participants will have the opportunity to interact through a live chat with the presenters of these e-Posters in the following schedule:
- e-Poster Group A: 13.00 and 13.45 hrs CEST on Sunday, June 7 for posters with numbers ending with “A” (e.g. P01.01.A)
- e-Poster Group B: 13.00 and 13.45 hrs CEST on Monday, June 8 for posters with numbers ending with “B” (e.g. P01.02.B)
- e-Poster Group C: 11.45 and 12.30 hrs CEST on Tuesday, June 9 for posters with numbers ending with “C” (e.g. P01.03.C)
In order to interact with the presenter of the e-Poster you will need to go to access the page of the e-Poster of your choice in the virtual platform during the time specified above. Once you are within the page you will be able to find a chat in which the poster presenter will answer your questions.
2. e-Posters: These posters will be available as of June 6 at 9:00 am CEST until June 23, 2020. You will be able to click through the different slides uploaded by the presenter and in many cases listen to the presentation found within the e-Poster
Keep in mind that all time showned refer to Central European Summer Time. You can click here to translate the times into your time zone.
4. Tailor your own programme
Within the virtual platform you have the opportunity to bookmark the sessions/presentations that interest you the most. This way you will be able to keep track of the presentations and not schedule 2 of them at the same time. However, since all sessions will be available as on-demand sessions until June 23, 2020, you will have the opportunity to take you time to listen to all your favorite talk at the ESHG 2020.2.
In addition, you can download the ESHG 2020.2 Mobile App in which you will be able to create your own calendar and have a direct access to the virtual platform from your mobile divices.
Don’t worry just because we do not see each other does not mean we cannot interact! You will have many different opportunties to interact with the speakers and other colleagues:
- Live sessions: During live session you can ask questions to the speakers through the chat. Moderators will be monitoring all the questions coming live through the chat and addressing them to the respective speakers.
- On-demand sessions: Do you have a questions for the presenter? Within every presentation you will be able to send comments/email to the presenters directly. In here you can leave you name and email with a message. The presenter will receive this information and contact you at their own discretion.
- Meet the speakers of the Educational Sessions: On Monday June 8 you will have the opportunity to chat with the presenters of sessions E02-E09 and Tuesday June 9 with the presenters of sessions E10-E16
6. ESHG 2020.2 Mobile